Report to Aria HOA from Clean & Safe Informational 10/27/22
Posted By mcooper on November 30, 2022
Your HOA board and homeowners met with representatives from the Downtown Partnership Clean & Safe program on October 27, 2022 and discussed the services that they provide to Aria Condominiums and the surrounding community. During the past year they provided maintenance and safety ambassadors to keep the Cortez neighborhood clean, safe and thriving.
There was a lot of interest in the C&S beautification program that created and installed colorful banners, corner planters, hanging baskets, pole-to-pole lighting and now a new mural just installed at 3rd and Cedar. At your request, C&S’ Director of Safety Services has added your GM, Morgan, to the list that receives notice of C&S safety network meetings.
Meeting attendees had these comments and questions:
- They enjoy receiving Cortez Community Group (CHARG) newsletters and are happy that CHARG works closely with Clean & Safe on beautification, but they miss the Clean & Safe walkabouts that occurred prior to the pandemic
- Homeowners loved the new Belly trash cans and would love to have more. They liked the foot pedals that open the cans make make them safe to use
- A homeowner expressed concern that an additional doggie station is needed at 9th and Beech. Ernesto Romo, C&S director of maintenance services, is contacting Morgan about this.
- It was noted that you’ve had to contact Caltrans on numerous occasions about care of the property adjoining Aria
- There was concern about the upkeep of Tweet Street Park. Residents were happy to hear about the volunteer program and CHARG clean-up, but they feel that new playground equipment is needed
- Of course, homelessness is a big concern. Aria is very close to the tents and sidewalk encroachment on 9th near the AT&T building
Clean and Safe made everyone aware of the new APP that enables residents to get even faster response to inquiries. That link is below.
Information was provided on the 777 Beech project at 7th Ave. and the CHW affordable housing development at 9th. Clean & Safe is putting Morgan in touch with the CHW point person.
Attendees thanked Clean & Safe for its good work. They look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Clean & Safe.
Clean & Safe contacts:
• Ernesto Romo, Director of Maintenance Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dani Garcia, Director of Safety Services: email@example.com
• Sean Warner, Director of Community Enhancement: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alonso Vivas, ED Clean & Safe: email@example.com
For service requests:
• Call the Clean & Safe office: 619-234-8900
• Evening: 619-414-2698 (Text)
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
C&S brochure with QR code for ap: https://downtownsandiego.org/community-resource-directory/
Learn more: Keeping Downtown Vibrant – Downtown San Diego Partnership
SDPD Community Relations Officer, Larry Turner: email@example.com 619-744-9514
SD County Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT): 1-888-724-7240
Elected Official Contacts:
• Emily Bonner, Office of Council Member Stephen Whitburn, Community Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org 619-236-6633
• Kohta Zaiser, Office of Mayor Todd Gloria, Community Relations: email@example.com 619-235-5839